Healthy Holiday Snack!
SWEET POTATO DELIGHT
It's that magical time of the year again! This is the time of year when family and friends reunite for shared memories, traditions, laughter, cocktails, and yummy meals made with love.
While we ARE advocates of all of the above, we're also well aware of the fact that most "meals made with love", are also made with butter... And sugar. And LOVE! And more butter. And more sugar. And maybe a dollop or two of heavy whipping cream, and LOVE, for good measure.
Again, we're advocates of enjoying the holiday season to the fullest! Which is why we'd like to share one of our absolute favorite holiday snack recipes; created with love (and health) in mind, sans the butter, sugar and cream :) Happy eating!
What you'll need:
1 large mixing bowl
3 table spoons of coconut oil
2-3 medium sized sweet potatoes
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1 Large non-stick cookie sheet
1 Oven preheated to 350°
What to do:
- If you prefer sweet potato without the skin, peel them! Otherwise, simply wash your sweet potatoes!
- Thinly slice your sweet potatoes into circles (see image for reference) and place them into your large mixing bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (more or less is fine as long as the potatoes are coated)
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- Get your hands a little dirty! Massage the coconut oil and cinnamon into the potatoes until each slice is fairly evenly coated.
- Transfer your potatoes flat onto to the non-stick cookie sheet - there should be only 1 layer of potatoes on the sheet
Hopefully your oven is preheated and ready! Place the cookie sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, FLIP THE POTATOES & place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
That's it! Once your potatoes are done, take them out to cool & munch away! This tasty treat is great as a cold snack too! Bake a double batch and save half to snack on later, right out of the fridge!
** The beauty of this recipe is in it's simplicity, but feel free to add sea salt and/or coconut sugar to taste. **